The Xilinx Artix 7 FPGA offers a performance that is cost-optimized in different categories like embedded memory, signal processing, logic, transceivers, memory, and LVDS I/O. Furthermore, the Xilinx Artix 7 is great for applications that are cost-sensitive, requiring high-end features.
The MicroBlaze CPU, which is optimized for the Xilinx FPGAs is a 32-bit highly configurable RISC processor that offers fast presets and deployment for Application Processor, Red-Time Processor and Microcontroller use cases
Also, the Xilinx Artix 7 provides different system integration capabilities like advanced, integrated AMS (Analog Mixed Signal) technology. The next integration level is analog, which is accomplished efficiently with the dual 12-bit independent, 17 channel, and 1MSPS analog to digital converters in the Xilinx Artix 7 FPGAs.
In addition, the Xilinx Artix 7 are included among the cost-optimized all programmable portfolio which includes the Spartan 7 and the Spartan 6 FPGAs. This offers Zynq-7000, I/O optimization All Programmable SoCs that offer optimization and system integration for different applications. In addition, the Xilinx Artix 7 includes a compact, small packaging and footprint.
What are the Features of the Xilinx Artix 7?
The following are the features of the Xilinx Artix 7
- It has 6.6 Gb/s transceivers that enables a peak bandwidth of 211 Gb/s (full duplex)
- Double and single differential input/output standards having speeds that can reach 1.25 Gb/s
- Integrated memory interface that ensures streamlined access
- 1066 Mb/s DDR3 memory, which includes SODIMMs support
- Integrated IP blocks which helps in reducing risk and development time
- Package migration through the family
- Comes in a package of 10x10mm that ensures the best system integration
- Chip-scale, wire-bond, and low-cost BGA packaging
- Development kits with reference designs and IP for fast design starts
- Integrated wizards, which ensures rapid built-in blocks development
- Linux support, freeRTOS, and bare metal for the MicroBlaze processor featuring drag and drop peripherals
- Production proven a 28nm quality, architecture, and process
- Industrial lowest-power speed grade offering
- Sub-watt performance that ranges from 13K to 2000K logic cells
- Total power that is 50% lower in contrast to the earlier generation
- Block RAM (2.5x), X logic (2x), and DSP slices (5.7x more) compared to the spartan 6 FPGAs
- 740 DSP48E1 slices including a signal processing of 930 GMACs
What are the Applications of the Xilinx Artix 7?
The applications of the Xilinx Artix 7 include the following:
- Software defined battery powered radio
- Programmable logic controller
- Machine multi-protocol vision camera
- Portable Ultrasound of 64 Channels
What is the Xilinx Artix 7 Development Board?
The Xilinx Artix 7 development board is a better or upgraded version of the previous generations such as the development board of the spartan 6. In addition, it includes examples like EDGE Xilinx Artix 7, which is suitable or designed for the design suite of Vivado.
Furthermore, this development board has a micro SD, Wi-Fi, SDRAM memory, ADC, DAC, HDMI Out, switches, button, LED interfaces, TFT, and more. In addition, it allows easy implementation of the softcore processor of MicroBlaze making use of SRAM and through Vivado SDK.
Also, this development board includes a kit solution that is ready to use and for any ECE curriculum. Furthermore, it is helpful in the development of both cutting-edge and fundamental digital circuits. Also, implementing the development board of the Xilinx Artix 7 in many different applications is easy and simple. These applications can range from wireless control, image/video processing, and more. In addition, it offers free WebPACK design suite to help in implementing these designs without having to pay any additional cost
The Features of the Xilinx Artix 7 Development Board includes SPI TFT display, integrated circuit, VGA 12-bit interface, 50MHz clock, HDMI Out, Bluetooth 4.0, CMOS camera, 256Mb SDRAM, Flash-based memory of about 8mb SPI.
What is the Evaluation Board of the Xilinx Artix 7?
The evaluation board of the Xilinx Artix 7 is very important for giving an ideal environment for the hardware for the evaluation and development of Xilinx Artix 7 FPGAs. It can feature under excellent examples and different types, which includes the evaluation board of the Xilinx AC701.
Also, it offers attributes that are similar to the majority of processing systems that are embedded such as DDR3, SODIMM memory, UART interface, PCI express 4-lane interface, etc. Also, this evaluation board permits the incorporation and integration of some other attributes. This is achieved mainly via FMC. Also, the Xilinx Artix 7 evaluation board offers an FMC connector with high pin-count.
What are the Features of the Xilinx Artix 7 Evaluation Board?
- SD digital connector
- 1 Gb SODIMM and DDR3 memory
- SFP+ connector
- GTP transceiver, which includes an LVDS oscillator of 200 MHz, programmable 12C LVDS oscillator, and SMA connectors.
- Tri speed 10/100/1000 Ethernet PHY
- High-definition multimedia technology
- Clock generation, which features SMA connectors, and LVDS oscillators of 200 MHZ
What are the Devices of the Xilinx Artix 7 FPGA?
In all, the Xilinx Artix 7 FPGA has a total of 100 devices. These include:
XC7A200T-2FFG1156I XC7A200T-2FFG1156C XC7A200T-1FFG1156C
XC7A100T-3FGG676E XC7A100T-2CSG324I XC7A200T-2FBG676C
XC7A200T-2FBG676I XC7A200T-2FBG484I XC7A200T-1FBG484I
XC7A100T-2CSG324C XC7A100T-1FTG256C XC7A100T-1FGG484I
XC7A100T-1FGG484C XC7A100T-1CSG324C XC7A12T-2CPG236C
XC7A12T-1CPG236C XC7A75T-L2FGG676E XC7A75T-L2FGG484E
XC7A75T-L2CSG324E XC7A75T-L1FGG484I XC7A75T-L1CSG324I
XC7A75T-3FGG484E XC7A75T-3CSG324E XC7A75T-2FTG256C
XC7A75T-2FG484I XC7A75T-2CSG324I XC7A75T-2CSG324C
XC7A75T-1FTG256I XC7A75T-1FTG256C XC7A75T-1FGG676I
XC7A75T-1FGG676C XC7A75T-1FGG484I XC7A75T-1FG484I
XC7A75T-1CSG324C XC7A75T-1CS324I XC7A50T-L2FGG484E
XC7A50T-L2CSG325E XC7A50T-L2CSG324E XC7A50T-L2CPG236E
XC7A50T-L1FTG256I XC7A50T-L1FGG484I XC7A50T-L1CSG325I
XC7A50T-L1CSG324I XC7A50T-L1CPG236I XC7A50T-3FTG256E
XC7A50T-3FGG484E XC7A50T-3CSG325E XC7A50T-3CSG324E
XC7A50T-3CPG236E XC7A50T-2FTG256C XC7A50T-2FT256I
XC7A50T-2FG484I XC7A50T-2CSG324I XC7A50T-2CS325I
XC7A50T-1FT256I XC7A50T-1FG484I XC7A50T-1FG484C
XC7A50T-1CSG325C XC7A50T-1CS324I XC7A50T-1CPG236C
XC7A35T-L2FGG484E XC7A35T-L2CSG325E XC7A35T-L2CSG324E
XC7A35T-L2CPG236E XC7A35T-L1FTG256I XC7A35T-L1FGG484I
XC7A35T-L1CSG325I XC7A35T-L1CPG236I XC7A35T-3FTG256E
XC7A35T-3FGG484E XC7A35T-3CSG325E XC7A35T-3CSG324E
XC7A35T-3CPG236E XC7A35T-2FT256I XC7A35T-2CS324I
XC7A35T-2CPG236I XC7A35T-2CPG236C XC7A35T-1FT256I
XC7A35T-1FG484I XC7A35T-1CS324I XC7A25T-L2CSG325E
XC7A25T-L2CPG238E XC7A25T-L1CSG325I XC7A25T-L1CPG238I
XC7A25T-2CSG325C XC7A25T-2CPG238I XC7A25T-2CPG238C
XC7A25T-1CSG325I XC7A25T-1CSG325C XC7A25T-1CPG238I
XC7A25T-1CPG238C XC7A200T-L2SBG484E XC7A200T-L2FFG1156E
XC7A200T-L2FBV484E XC7A200T-L2FBG676E XC7A200T-L2FBG484E
XC7A200T-L1SBG484I XC7A200T-L1FFG1156I XC7A200T-L1FBG484I
Features of the Xilinx Artix 7 Devices
- SelectIO technology of high performance that surfaces with DDR3 interfaces support to reach 1866 Mb/s
- Dual-port 36 Kb block RAM featuring FIFO logic for the on-chip data
- Serial connectivity of high speed with multi-gigabit built-in transceivers to the maximum rates.
- Analog interface (user configurable) that incorporates the analog to digital converters with supply and on-chip thermal sensors
- Different configuration options
- Integrated blocks for the PCI Express
- And more…
We hope you have learnt a lot from this article. To summarize, we’ll say that the Xilinx Artix 7 is great for applications that are cost-sensitive, requiring high-end features.