FR-4/FR4, hearing this technical term for the first time might make your eyes itch with curiosity. However, before you pack your bags and head over to any of the world’s ten best Fr4 PCB factories, let’s briefly explore what this stuff means.
On the one hand, FR-4/FR4 is a type of environmental protection resin used in manufacturing electronic circuit boards (PCB). But, on the other hand, these are also suitable for high-frequency applications. A good example is the optoelectronics industry.
So, FR-4/FR4 is a type of resin used in assembling electronic circuit boards? Indeed, this is more than just the simple title of an industry survey.
Let’s start by understanding the conditions that make a PCB different and how we use FR-4/FR4.
So, what does all this stuff mean?
Because FR-4/FR4 consists of epoxy resin with a high glass content, it is also highly resistant to heat, moisture, and chemical solvents.
From there, you might be thinking that it is very suitable for optoelectronics.
If you look at the report, you will notice a trend. At least in Taiwan and Japan, they use FR-4/FR4 in most high-frequency applications. They Include optoelectronics, satellite and mobile phone industries, and the broadcast industry. In other words, FR-4/FR4 is being given more attention than PCB assembly by these companies.
So, what is this material that makes it suitable for high-frequency applications?
In short, FR4 is a material that exhibits excellent properties. These include high-temperature stability and low dielectric constant. So, what does this mean? In simple terms, we can improve signal stability and reduce the overall size of systems.
From there, you might be curious about these ten companies that are manufacturing Fr4 PCBs.
1. RLX Solutions Inc.
RLX Solutions Inc. mainly manufactures FR4, PETG, and PAu materials. They are essential in high precision optoelectronic applications and aerospace, military, and medical. The company’s series of products include FR4, PAu, PETG (Multilayer), and CERAMIC-PTFE (Multilayer). Currently, the company has its headquarters in Taiwan. However, it has production facilities in China, Japan, and Korea.
From PCB prototype manufacturing to volume production, we can complete the company’s product development cycle in less than seven days.
Current products manufactured include PCB prototypes and motherboards for smartphones, tablets, and notebooks.
Bullfrog is the company’s user base and currently operates in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. At least 50% of Bullfrog’s products depend on RGD technology, and we manufacture them under their brand name “Chimpworks.”
a) Engineering And Design Product:
RLX provides a complete electronics solution from design to final PCB assemblies. They actively handle electronics-complexity projects up to the most advanced levels. Also, they offer a wide range of services to meet customer requirements. Product: API/IDF qualified FR4 board, PAu board, and PETG board for high volume production.
RLX’s patented technology allows for a fast turnaround time and no NRE fees.
b) LED Products:
Offered in a wide range of color temperatures and power ratings, RLX can design and assemble LED products of any size. In addition to PCBs, custom products such as LED holders, LED tape, and foils are also available.
c) Custom Component Build:
In addition to PCBs, custom products such as LED holders, LED tape, and foils are also available.
d) Electronic component procurement:
Its procurement department can help develop whole new electronic products at the lowest possible cost.
RLX provides assembly services for PCB orders from 0.5 to 25,000 pieces per day.
RLX had a record-breaking batch of 10,000 PCBs produced in one day.
g) Total Logistic Solution:
RLX provides logistic services from PCB prototype to volume production.
2. ICAPE GROUP
Headquartered in Hong Kong, ICAPE is one of the world’s top 10 PCB manufacturers in operation today.
ICAPE Group first ventured into PCB manufacturing in 1984. It has been enjoying continuous growth as a reputable electronic production factory from that moment on. In fact, by 2018, the company had already expanded to over 100 subsidiaries and had achieved sales revenue of nearly USD 1 billion.
Today the company guarantees quality and reliability in all aspects of PCB assembly. It conducts business activities with more than 1000 customers worldwide.
ICAPE products are helpful in virtually every industry sector and are the leading PCB manufacturer in Asia.
ICAPE prides itself on the hundreds of design-in projects it has handled. They are present in the medical, automotive, industrial, and telecommunications industries.
The company’s extensive capabilities include:
- a) In-house and layout design, panel-level printing, component procurement, and wave soldering.
- b) The company oversees the entire production process. It starts from component procurement to final assembly. So, the customers can rest assured of producing high-quality products in the shortest amount of time.
- c) Its professional services include PCB sample development and small batch production. It depends on customer requirements.
- d) Full SMT assembly and placement range, with capacitive under-fill and gold plating.
- e) Extra services include PCB testing, qualified in-house components, dielectric under-fill, and taping.
- f) ICAPE provides installation service for customers’ equipment at their plant in Hong Kong or in the customer’s plant on a fully-paid basis.
3. Optima Technology Associates, Inc
Optima Technology manufactures FR4 PCBs specializing in aerospace, medical, lighting, and transportation industries.
As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, the company can provide quality and consistency through each PCB production cycle.
Optima products are well-received by their customers. This is because they offer a large range of capabilities. Additionally, they aim to satisfy customer requirements while keeping prices competitive.
- a) The company provides quick turn PCB prototypes and low cost, medium volume production.
- b) Capabilities include high volume PCB manufacturing, layout, and assembly services.
- c) Optima has partnered with various top-tier manufacturers in the industrylike Rayming PCB & Assembly. They ensure that they can meet all customer requirements while showcasing its best features.
- e) Optima Tech’s goal is to provide top-quality PCBs at very low prices, and the company boasts of 90% customer satisfaction.
- f) Technical support for PCB engineers is available via email, phone, and in-house engineering service.
4. Lianhua Electronics Corporation
Lianhua Electronics Corporation is a leading PCB manufacturer based in China. The company specializes in high-quality FR4 PCBs and focuses on low volume, medium volume, and large volume orders.
Lianhua Electronics has a good reputation in the industry, especially since it has been around for over 30 years. While the company’s products initially come from China, all PCBs go to Hong Kong for final inspection and approval. This happens before shipping to different countries for sale.
Lianhua plays a significant role in the automotive industry. They produce components for the automotive, military, and medical industries. In addition, we use its products in auto harnesses, wire harnesses, medical equipment, AV equipment, LED, and other industries.
- a) Lianhua’s state-of-the-art facilities with the latest PCB manufacturing equipment and materials. In addition, they ensure that quality control systems are well maintained.
- b) Lianhua offers many PCB design services and supplies mechanical parts and wiring components. On average, a customer receives an order of 25 – 50 pieces per day.
- c) Lianhua Electronics provide the highest quality products in the industry and strives to be one of the top PCB manufacturers in China.
- d) The company has a customer base that includes South America, North America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- e) Lianhua Electronics provides customers with advanced capabilities at competitive prices.
5. DKRed DigiKey
DigiKey is one of the world’s top electronics suppliers that sells a wide variety of electronic find parts, including PCBs. The company has been in the industry for over 40 years. It is making a name for itself by providing customers with quality products at very competitive prices. DigiKey is a well-known name in the electronics industry. It is one of the top PCB manufacturers in the country.
DigiKey is always looking for new opportunities to expand its business as a growing company. They offer customers more value for their money. The company’s main area of focus includes:
- a) Electronics manufacturing services for OEMs and EMS providers to use a pick-to-light system.
- b) DigiKey has grown by providing the world’s best electronic components. As a result, the company is always looking for new products to add to its product portfolio
- c) The company also provides PCB design-in services for customers in a wide range of industries.
This is the best choiсe for FR4 board manufacturing companies. It can provide you with 100% lead time, and that is all you need to start your project on time.
6. Shenzhen Aite Technology Group Co., Ltd
Aite Technology Group is a leading PCB manufacturer in China that started operations in 1992. The company has established a good reputation as a quality PCB manufacturer. It has excellent customer relationship management and high service throughout the manufacturing process. In addition, the company specializes in providing high-quality products at affordable prices. As a result, the company is always looking for new business opportunities and is open to new markets.
Aite Technologies Group has been in the industry for over 20 years. It has developed a good reputation due to its quality products and competitive prices. The company works with internationally known companies. They include Dynamax, Eicom, Pericom, Philips Semiconductors, and Texas Instruments. The company’s main focus is on providing high-quality products at ultra-competitive prices.
The company produces FR4 PCB boards made of Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS). They are further processed to meet customer requirements.
Aite Technology has received several awards for its outstanding services and customer-oriented philosophy.
- a) Aite specializes in the production of FR4 PCBs.
- b) The company’s manufacturing facilities are well-equipped with the latest state-of-the-art machinery. They include wave soldering machines, reflow ovens, and flame test systems.
- c) Additionally, Aite Technology has key partnerships with local PCB design houses that customers can use at no extra cost.
- d) Aite Technology boasts excellent performance due to its infrastructural capabilities. Their new facilities have a production capacity of over 50,000 sqm per month. The company is currently looking to expand its operations in the coming years.
- e) Aite Technology provides top-quality PCBs at affordable prices. It aims to fulfill customers’ requirements while meeting all their deadlines.
All in all, if you are looking to buy FR4 PCBs online, it would be best to purchase them. Aite Technology Group offers all the above qualities and more.
7. AOI Technology Co., Ltd
AOI Technology Co., Ltd is a leading PCB manufacturer based in China that has been in the industry for over 12 years. The company has developed a good reputation as a quality PCB manufacturer. It has excellent customer relationship management and high service throughout the manufacturing process. In addition, the company specializes in providing affordable, high-quality products. As a result, the company is always looking for new business opportunities and is open to new markets.
AOI Technology has a dedication to providing customers with high-quality products. They are cost-effective, and you can customize them for their specific needs.
All the PCB boards produced by AOI Tech must meet strict international standards and regulations, along with US UL and CE standards. In addition, all products must also meet the RoHS standard.
AOI Technology has developed a strong manufacturing infrastructure. As a result, it fulfills its commitment to manufacturing quality products at affordable prices. They complete each project approximately three days after the submission of documentation orders.
8. AC SYNERGY PTE LTD
AC Synergy is a fabless semiconductor design company. They focus on developing and manufacturing Passive Components. The company has been in the industry for over 22 years. It has developed a strong reputation as a leading PCB manufacturer. They have excellent customer relationship management and high service throughout the manufacturing process. In addition, the company specializes in providing cheap, high-quality products. As a result, the company is always looking for new business opportunities and is open to new markets.
AC Synergy specializes in manufacturing FR4 PCBs made of Polyester (PBT). All PCBs produced by AC Synergy must meet strict international standards and regulations and US UL and CE standards. In addition, all products must also meet the RoHS standard.
The company produces FR4 PCB boards made of Polyester (PBT) that are further processed to meet customer requirements.
AC Synergy has received several awards for its outstanding services and customer-oriented philosophy.
- a) AC Synergy focuses on providing customers with high-quality products.
- b) The company’s manufacturing facilities are well-equipped with the latest state-of-the-art machinery. It includes pick and place machines, reflow ovens, and testing systems.
- c) In addition, AC Synergy focuses on providing top-quality PCBs at affordable prices. They also aim to fulfill customers’ requirements while meeting all their deadlines.
So, if you are looking to buy FR4 PCBs online, it would be best to purchase them from a reputed manufacturer that has been in the industry for over 22 years. AC Synergy is just the right choice for you. The company has a proven track record of producing high-quality products.
9. Accurate Circuit Engineering
This is a leading manufacturer of passive components based in Taiwan, China. The company has been in the industry for over ten years. They currently enjoy a good reputation as a leading PCB manufacturer. This is because of its excellent customer relationship management. They also have a high level of service throughout the manufacturing process. As a result, the company is always looking for new business opportunities and is open to new markets.
Accurate Circuit Engineering specializes in manufacturing FR4 PCBs made of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET). All the PCBs produced by ACE must meet strict international standards and regulations. They also adhere to US UL and CE standards. In addition, all products must also meet the RoHS standard.
The company produces FR4 PCB boards made of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET). They also further process them to meet customer requirements. In addition, all products must also meet the RoHS standard.
The company’s manufacturing facilities are well-equipped with the latest state-of-the-art machinery. They include pick and place machines, reflow ovens, and testing systems.
The company has achieved several significant achievements in developing Passive Components.
10. APLICON ELECTRONICS LTD
APLICON is a mid-sized semiconductor design company based in Taiwan, China. The company has been in the industry for over 14 years. They also enjoy an excellent reputation as a leading PCB manufacturer. This is because of its excellent customer relationship management. They also have a high level of service throughout the manufacturing process. In addition, APLICON specializes in providing customers with cheap, high-quality products. As a result, the company is always looking for new business opportunities and is open to new markets.
APLICON specializes in manufacturing FR4 PCBs made of Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS). All the PCBs produced by APLICON must meet strict international standards and regulations, along with US UL and CE standards. In addition, all products must also meet the RoHS standard.
The company produces FR4 PCB boards made of Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS). All the PCB boards produced by APLICON must meet strict international standards and regulations, along with US UL and CE standards. In addition, all products must also meet the RoHS standard.
Factors to consider when choosing an excellent Fr4 PCB manufacturing company
Consideration of the company’s working experience. Don’t trust a company in the market for a short time. Instead, analyze the experience of a company that has been in business for more than 2-3 years.
Consideration of their products’ quality. If the materials used in manufacturing the PCBs are not cost-effective and consistent, you would be better off considering other options.
Consideration of their service provision. You should also compare the quality and quantity of service offered by different manufacturers. This would be crucial for providing better customer support services to your clients.
Consideration of their market presence and reachability to your target audience
The technology used by a company is another major factor to consider when choosing an Fr4 PCB manufacturing company. You must make sure that a company uses the best technologies in its production process. Otherwise, you could be risking your reputation and the future growth of your business.
2. Services Offered by the company
The services offered by a PCB manufacturer are also essential to consider when choosing a manufacturer.
Consideration of the service provides
- a) Quality Control: Is the quality standard maintained across all products?
- b) Customer Service: They have employees dedicated to customer support and efficiency.
- c) Product Range: You must ensure that the company’s range of products covers all your needs.
- d) Mass Production: Make sure you ask the company how to mass-produce your PCBs affordable.
- e) Customer Satisfaction: Ask how satisfied the customers are with their services and product range.
3. Margins offered by the Company
One of the significant factors to consider when choosing an Fr4 PCB manufacturing company is its sales margins. Although a good margin will not guarantee you good quality products, it will help you profit from every sale.
Considering their Sales Margins coupled with competitive prices. This will bring you better profits from every sale of yours in the future.
4. Quality of the Materials Used
The quality of the materials used in manufacturing your PCB is critical for choosing a good manufacturer. Your board must consist of quality materials that can last for a long time and offer better performance at the same time.
To help you get more accurate information about a particular manufacturer, you should consider:
- a) Considering the quality standards set by different manufacturers
- b) How well they follow them will
5. Supply Chain Management
Another essential factor when choosing an Fr4 company is supply chain management.
This is because a company must ensure that it has a sufficient supply of the materials required to manufacture your PCBs. You must also make sure that the materials are of high quality and are not prone to a decrease in performance in the future.
6. Cost Advantage
The cost advantage of different companies will depend on their pricing structures. Keep this in mind when selecting a company.
7. Operating History and Reputation
A company’s history and reputation will help choose the best Fr4 company. However, you must analyze their records before trusting and relying on their services with your valued customers’ products sold through the marketplace.
Regulation of a company’s production is another factor you must consider when choosing an Fr4 PCB manufacturing company. This will help you ensure that the company follows industry standards and regulations.
9. Continuous R&D
You should also look at whether the Fr4 circuit board manufacturing company is spending enough money on its R&D departments. This is because such investments are essential for companies to gain better products for more satisfied customers in the future.
You should also consider the location of the company’s manufacturing facilities. This would help you ensure that the company can deliver your products on time.
11. Handling Risk Factors
A good Fr4 PCB manufacturing company must handle risk factors effectively to avoid encountering problems in the future. The company must have a clear strategy for handling unexpected risks during the production process and customer services.
12. Value Addition
These factors will greatly determine whether you can get good value from a particular manufacturer in the future.
In conclusion, a good FR 4 company must have strong supply chain management and a highly efficient customer service ecosystem. In addition, it should be able to provide you with more return on investment and save you time in product development.
The value add of these manufacturing companies is without a doubt. Clients have considered this the most critical factor in the past years when choosing the most appropriate parties for their products or services sold through their marketplaces.
One of the biggest advantages of manufacturing PCBs online is that you can outsource your boards’ production to other manufacturers capable of providing you with top-quality products at affordable prices.